21 things every CrossFit obsessive knows CrossFit
They say you fall in love only once in your life.
That is, until you discover CrossFit.
Committed crossfitters, like myself, would sooner sell their family heirlooms than their favourite pair of lifting shoes.
While it can reduce you to a jibbering wreck – especially having tripped on your double unders for the FIFTY MILLIONTH TIME – there’s no greater feeling than smashing a workout with your CrossFit fam at your favourite box.
Here are 21 things every crossfit obsessive knows.
1. Your heart yearns for someone to ask ‘what’s CrossFit?’
Because every crossfitter knows the first rule of CrossFit is: you must always talk about CrossFit.
And the second rule. And third rule.
2. Eating becomes an obsession
You need to feed your engine a constant supply of fuel in order to perform those superhuman feats of strength and endurance.
Carbs, protein, and fat are your new best friends (because you lost all your old ones when they got sick of you talking about CrossFit).
3. The hardest decision of the day is which shade of neon to wear
Seriously. The choice of going orange with blue, or yellow with pink can mean the difference between a great workout or a sucky one.
4. Callouses are badges of honor
If your hands don’t resemble the surface of the Sahara, you’re doing it wrong.
5. Rich Froning Jr
Men want to be him. Actually, women want to be him too. Nuff said.
6. You exist in a haze of white powder
Whether it’s chalk or protein, you know you’ve encountered a crossfitter by the fine cloud of dust they leave in their wake.
7. You dream of having biceps like Briggs
The UKCF poster-woman and CrossFit Games champ has muscles bigger than most family-sized cars.
And we love her for them.
8. Words you once sniggered at are now part of your daily vocabulary
What’s so funny about having a tidy snatch? Or a jerk off?
9. Work and life get in the way of your training schedule
Yeah, like filing these reports are SO much more important than nailing my kipping pull-ups.
10. The Open is the biggest event on your calendar
The new year can only mean one thing – it’s Open season!
11. You suddenly have a whole new social life; heck, a new family
Just who did I hang around with before I started crossfit?
12. Your sock game is always on point
Go garishly bold, or go home.